Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
- Always remember: the heavier the item, the smaller the box. 1.5 and 2 cubic foot boxes are the best.
- Assemble boxes with packing tape at least 2-3 inches wide overlapping each strip by about 1" and using a minimum of 2 layers of tape.
- Keep important documents separate and handy: health cards, rental agreements, house closing details, insurance information are but a few examples.
- Do not pack dishes upon each other, lie vertically on sides to help prevent breakage with about 2" of packing paper or cushioning on the bottom of the box.
- Do not over pack boxes, fill empty spaces with packing paper so everything is snug.
- Never use printed newsprint to wrap fine china. The black print can be tough on your china and difficult to wash off.
- Label all boxes on the top and on the side and remember to put fragile on boxes with breakables. Also label on the box what room it belongs to...helps to make everyone's life easier.
Lampshades and fine china should not be packed in newspaper because the ink can permanently stain these items. Instead, use packing paper
- Keep appliance owners manuals handy in case there are special instructions for moving.
- If you disassemble furniture or other items, make sure to tape all the small parts to the base and put any screws and bits in a resealable bag and tape to base.
- Wardrobe boxes are very handy for closets. Keeps your clothes organized and almost wrinkle free.
- Remember : Small boxes are best for books. They can get heavy, very fast.
- Put detailed labels on tops and sides of all moving boxes.
- Moving companies can't transport hazardous materials such as gasoline, bottled gases and other flammables, ammunition and explosives. It's the law.
- Always tape boxes shut for safety and security
- Avoid mixing items from different rooms in the same moving boxes.
- Don’t forget to contact the phone, cable, internet, and utility companies at least 1 week prior to your move.Post your change of address forms one week before you move.
- Remember boxes without tops can't be stacked in the truck which will make it more difficult for the movers to pack safely.
- Pack a special box containing your toiletries, cleaning supplies, a change of clothes, essential tools, children’s toys an alarm clock, remote controls, telephone… Have your movers load this box into the moving truck last, this way it’s first to come off when you arrive at your new home.